Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Letters To My Wife | Happy Anniversary...

On April 14, 2002, 7 years ago, God showed me that His will and timing are truly perfect as He joined my wife and I in holy matrimony. I was so nervous. That morning when I got up I had no idea what was in store for me. We hadn’t been together that long. It felt like we had just had our first date. I remembered meeting her for the first time. After emails, phone calls and one failed date attempt we had finally decided to see the movie Rounders at White Flint Mall. We had not exchanged pictures other than the photo that I had posted to my online profile. I laughed to myself as I remembered the headline, “Looking for a GOOD Woman to Spoil”. I remembered how you were completely turned off by my white jeans and diamond print shirt. I remember the smooth way that I left you after the movie to head to my car which was parked on the other side of the mall from you.

I remembered so many other moments, Phillips Resturant at the Inner Harbor, The Man in the Iron Mask, Forum at SBI, our many battles about politics, movies, TV, music. I remembered the “Random Style”, the no Video Games while on the phone rule. I remember you letting me chase my dreams to work for SEGA, even though I know you wanted me to move closer to you for that banking job. I remembered cross country flights to visit and sad goodbyes as we parted. I remembered that early morning in February when it all solidified for me and I promised you the rest of my life.

I looked around my apartment and wondered if I was ready to be your husband. I knew I wanted to be a husband. I had prayed for a wife and family but was I ready to be the husband that you needed? To be the leader, the provider, the lover that God had set apart for you. That’s what had eventually quieted my doubts. God spoke into my spirit that He had set us apart for each other. That He had a purpose, not just for you or me but for both of us together. So when I left my apartment for the last time, I knew when we returned it would be ours and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Did You Know Copper Is the 7th Anniversary GiftI just wanted to let you know that I wouldn’t change any of it. Seven years of being with the most wonderful woman in the world. Seven years of loving and being loved. Seven Years striving. I would lying if I said that it was easy. I know that I am still growing but we both know that God isn’t through with either of us yet. Let’s keep walking the narrow path together. It makes us stick close to each other.

Happy Anniversary to My Beautiful Bride

Your Husband

2 comments:

Green Goddess said...

this was the sweetest gift i could have asked for. i am happy and blessed to have you in my life. thank you for being a leader.....i need that!!!!

Tai Tai

Anonymous said...

i think this is very sweet i hope you go older together and enjoy your life