Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Letters to my Wife | Don't Manipulate...

Don't Manipulate

Focus: Esther 7:2
Reflection: Esther 7:1-10

My prayer tonight is more of a praise and thanksgiving to God.
I am so grateful that we are not manipulators. We operate from transparency and I am happy about that. That is not to say that we do not exercise judgement in how we bring things up to one another. Like Esther did in Chapter 7 of her book.
So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther, 2 and as they were drinking wine on that second day, the king again asked, "Queen Esther, what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted."
Esther knew that timing was key to making her petition known to the King. You have a talent for doing this as well and I appreciate it. Let us continue to be vigilant in how we work with each other. Know that you are loved. I hope that this is a blessing to you.

Your Husband...

No comments: