Thursday, February 18, 2010

Letter's To My Wife | Using the Weak

 God Uses the Weak To Baffle Those Who Think They Are So High And Mighty

... God has chosen those whom the world considers to be puny and powerless - even laughable.  These are the very ones God will use to confuse, frustrate, and baffle the political powers of the world! - 1 Corin 1:27

My Prayer For You Today
Lord, help my bride see herself with the full potential she has in Jesus Christ.  She is tempted to see herself according to her past, but starting today I ask You to help her see herself through the promises of Your Word.  She knows that with Your grace and power, she can rise above any weakness or infirmity that has hindered her in the past.  Help her to turn to Your grave and I ask You to release Your power in her so she can step into the reality of the person You have made her to be!  I pray this in Jesus' name!

My Confession For You Today
I confess that my bride is NOT substandard, second-rate, low-grade, or inferior.  She is filled with the Spirit of God, and she has the call of God on her life.  Even if her gifts and talents seem small in comparision to others, she has all that she needs in order to do what God has asked her to do.  God wants to use her to baffle the "know-it-alls" and to bewilder people who are more talented than she is but who do not trust in the Lord.  God wants to get glory because of what He does through her!  I declare this by faith in Jesus' name!

Questions For You To Consider

  1. If nothing could hinder you from fulfilling your dreams, what dream would you most want to fulfill in your life?
  2. Do you really believe God can help you fulfill such a mighty dream?
  3. In what ways do you need to change the way you think about yourself in order for you to become the kind of person who carries out this kind of dream?
-adapted for my Bride from Sparkling Gems from the Greek by Rick Renner

No comments: