Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Good Wife… Good Life…

Find a good spouse, you find a good life—and even more: the favor of God! – Proverbs 18:22(Msg)


To my Bride,

I just wanted to write to you to express how thankful I am to God for you. My life is so much better because of you. We often joked, early on in our marriage, about my broad shoulders are and my awesomeness but a lot of that was just a façade before I met you. I used by talents to keep my isolated and insulated from other people. I didn't want to be hurt so I would often push them away with my confidence. You however were different story.

I felt so incredibly drawn to you that I didn't care about being safe. You were so perfect to me. You were and continue to exude intelligence, drive, compassion, and focus. I know in the hectic day to day living you may not feel it but I see it. You know where you want to go. You might not know how to get there but you are always thing and planning. You are the best wife. I thank God because He saw past the superficial things that I thought I wanted in a wife and gave me the one that I needed.

My Prayer for You This Week…

Dear God, I thank you for my wife. I know that I have your favor because of this woman. I see your glory when I look at her. When we are together you are never far from us. Thank you for being in our marriage from the very start. Thank you for laying a solid foundation for us to build our lives on. You have given me the best wife and I see nothing but the best life ahead for us.

Keep my wife safely in your arms. In Jesus Name

Your Man

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hello from New York! It is nice seeing a blog like this. It is very different.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! :)