Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No Flaw...

You asked the question that all men dread this morning, "Am I fat?" Men fear this question because it is so loaded. There are usually so many different questions bundled up in this one. I know I answered you this morning but I am not sure if it was what you wanted nor if it was really adequate. So I thought I would clarify it here from a very respected source.

Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens


All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.

-Song of Solomon 2:2, 4:7

I found the second passage today while looking for a scripture today. I knew that it was perfect for you. This is what I truly think when I look at you. There is no flaw. I have watched you get more beautiful everyday. I have been amazed that I could desire anyone as much as you. Not just from eros but also from sturgo, philio, and most especially agape. I desire your presence near me. I desire your companionship. I desire to sacrifice for you. And yes I desire loving you. Like a lily among thorns I found you and I enjoy looking at you.

Now back to what you asked this morning. Never be concerned with how you look to me. I never see any flaw. And when you need to see your reflection look at me. I will be your mirror. I will tell you what I see. Try it out and see. Come to me later and ask, "What do you see?" I will tell you, "All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you."

My prayer for you today
Father I ask that you talk to my wife today. I ask that You would fill her with what You see. I know I can only tell her what I see on the outside but You see her heart. You know her mind. You can touch her soul. Remind her of the beauty that you placed in and on her. Remind her of my love for her. Remind her that she is the apple of Your eye. Spend time with Her today.

In Jesus name I pray
Amen

-God's Man

1 comment:

Black_Mamba said...

just the perfect answer. God bless you :)