Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thank You For Carrying Me...

Hi Beautiful,

It is funny what happens when you stop the busyness of your day and commit to doing something nice for your spouse. I was in a flurry of activity at work when I decided to stop and prepare this letter for. As I often do I went to www.biblegateway.com to search for a scripture. Right on the front page was the Verse of the day.

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2

This single line reminded me of one of the best things about our marriage. We carry each others burdens. Specifically you carry my burdens when I cannot. I know that I struggle with asking for help. I try and do everything but that is impossible. When I hit the wall and can’t carry them anymore you don’t get frustrated or angry. You just pick up my burdens and carry them for me, even better you help me take them to the. Thank you for always being there for me. Even in my sin.

When we expand the above verse and look at it in context I see our relationship illustrated.

"Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived." – Galatians 1-3 (Msg)

I thank you for always restoring me gently, never throwing my sins back in my face and never cutting me with harsh words. I want you to know that you are loved today.


I pray that God will give you rest and continue to rejoice in you.

-God’s Man

1 comment:

suchsimplepleasures said...

this is the nicest, sweetest, most beautiful blog on the blog-planet!!!!
what heartfelt, amazing letters!